Rendevous on the Seine

I am on tour starting August 28. Trying to find out what time to board boat and what time evening reception starts. I will be in Paris and want to make my sightseeing plans. The information from Tauck is very vague. Thanks.

Comments

• edited August 2022

Call Tauck. Hang on a minute, I thought you had some mobility issues and were asking about a wheelchair at the airport, isn’t it going to be more challenging for you to do sightseeing as a solo and with jet lag?

• edited August 2022

Carole, tour start per the itinerary is 4 pm. That's when you can expect to get into your cabin, unpack, etc. I'd expect the welcome reception will start about 5. Reception can be a bit long as they introduce all the staff and explain procedures for the cruise.

If you arrive at the ship early you can wait in the lounge or leave your bags and go exploring.

• Thanks for the info. I’m arriving the day before. I can get around fine but I was concerned about racing through the airport to make the connecting flight. A few people suggested the wheelchair.

• My husband and I are on the same cruise arriving a day early. We were told by Tauck our to TD will be staying in our hotel. Transportation to the ship will be around 3 to board at 4. Hope that helps.

• Usually the TDs have a desk in the hotel lobby and are there the morning of the cruise start to answer questions and hand out luggage tags. You can leave any bags you want taken to the ship in the room - just make sure to get a luggage tag for them. Then check out of the hotel and go enjoy Paris. Your bags will be on the bed in your cabin when you get to the ship. Enjoy.

• Thanks to all for your invaluable feedback. I’m so glad I posted! I’ll let you know how it all turns out. lsmiller—say hello when you see me!