Options

Australia & New Zealand outlet adapter.

Do the hotels we stay in on this tour have 2 prong power outlets or do I need to take a power plug adapter?

Comments

• Options

I always take a couple of adapters, just to be safe. The hotel may run out.

• Options
    edited October 2022

Lizb
    7:44PM in Australia & New Zealand
    Do the hotels we stay in on this tour have 2 prong power outlets or do I need to take a power plug adapter?

Chances are that some hotel rooms may have one or more special multi-configuration receptacles that will accept a two-prong US plug, similar to what you'll find on an aircraft. Some may not. Also, even if the hotel room has one or more special receptacles, they may not be conveniently located. The best approach is to bring at least one US to AUS adapter or an adapter and a multi-outlet strip.

The correct adapter, a Type I (Type 'eye') will have three flat prongs as shown below on one side that you can plug into an AUS and NZ wall receptacle and a receptacle on the other side that accepts a US plug with two flat prongs.

Remember a plug adapter will still provide Australia's 230 Volts at 50Hz to the US slots so anything you plug into the adapter must accept that voltage.

• Options
    edited October 2022

I am at Silky Oak Lodge on Day 6 currently (pun intended). So far none of the hotels have outlets that will accept US plugs. We have the two prong version of the adapter pictured above and it works fine. I echo the suggestion for bringing a power strip so you can charge multiple devices with one adapter. There may be only one convenient outlet. The Langham provided an adapter in the room, hidden in the minibar with the chips.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file