Kenya/Tanzania visas

Has anyone had difficulty paying for your visa through the link that Tauck has sent. We keep getting an error message: you need a 3D secure enabled card. Spent almost an hour with the bank explaining the problem and they had no clue what we were talking about. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Going through visa central would cost upwards of $200.
Thanks
Lisa

Comments

• We applied for and received our visas about 6 weeks ago without any problem. Kenyan visa came almost immediately and Tanzania visa took about a week.

• Jan did you go through immigration.ecitizen.go.ke or did you go through visa central

• edited August 2022

I just tried the link, I can’t even get that far, it says Safari can’t find that URL for either of them.
    We’ve used the visa services in the past. Last time, if I remember correctly, it was only Kenya you could do online, for Tanzania, we had to send the passport In for the visa

Were you trying a bank card or a credit card? Were you within the 90 days?

• I obtained the evisas through the links Tauck provided. I did not go through visa central.

• https://immigration.ecitizen.go.ke/index.php?id=5

The above link should get you in the door. If one credit card won’t work try another. I’ve had cards rejected for no apparent reason. The website works. Just make sure that your ‘visa’ has a picture of you and the correct dates.

• I applied for my Tanzania visa through the eVisa link on August 29th and still haven't received it yet. I'm concerned because it comes up as no application found when I check the status on their site. I have a receipt for payment and that the application is pending approval. Our trip is scheduled for 10/8/22. I emailed them a couple of times but have heard nothing back.

• With respect to your credit card, if the visa payment is being submitted not from the embassy/consulate here in the US, but instead from Kenya, be sure you are using a card that is set to accept foreign charges. You may want to call the charge card issuer and advise them in advance of the pending charge submission. And of course be sure if you have a card that requires it that you provide travel notifications before you leave.

• we had the same issue, it would accept our CC kept asking for that 3D whatever. Finally our TA tried one of her personal CC's and it worked and were able to get it.

• The visa process was so bad for me. The Apple computers don't work well with it. I had to have a friend, with more sophisticated business computers,
    for 3 hours of help, two visits. It will probably keep me from traveling to Kenya or Tanzania again. The only stressful negative about the trip. Having just returned, the trip is wonderful, although exhausting.

• Yikes, you are all worrying me about doing the visa yourselves. We have been to Tanzania three times but there was no self visas then. I was hoping to be able to save money when we next go and do our own because there are nine of us. If others find it easy, please post and let me know,
    Back when we needed a visa for India, it was so complicated that my hubby was ready to cancel the vacation, but I Bellevue that one is easier now.

• We applied for our Kenyan and Tanzania visas about 2 months prior to our August tour. We went through the application process ourselves. We had no difficulty at all. We did need the assistance of Tauck to respond to some of the questions, but other than that it was pretty easy. We received the Kenya visa almost immediately, and it took about a week to receive the Tanzania visa. We did the application on my Mac, so using an Apple product was not a deterrent—it worked just fine.

• For those having difficulty with the visa application process, a previous post listed the following special Tauck department just for help like this, called Journey Preparation Center. 866-951-0077. We used it to assist with answering some of the application questions. Hope it helps.

• Thanks. Remember seeing that!

• I did not find the visa process difficult, just a little tedious. We had difficulty later entering Kenya cuz they had provided us a copy of our visa from four years earlier, and I did not look at the dates, and my iPad records were in the cloud with no WiFi available. So check the details. Tanzania also wanted the telephone number of the Arusha hotel which we found in our ‘final’ documents. We still got through in very little time, then waited for a couple hours for others to complete the process. If you don’t do them yourself, you will need to provide visa central with the same information you would have entered on the documents yourself.

• I did have to call Tauck for help a couple times. Make sure the photos are on the final Visa. With everything in order, entry is easy. They do temperature check, also.

• There is actually a department within Tauck that specializes in helping guests get their paperwork and visas filled out .
    Personally I got 4 visas from Tanzania in late May for a July trip. I received all within the 10 day limit. However to make sure there were no problems I only did 1 at a time. and remember it looks like you can save your info and continue later That Does Not Work! Start and finish without leaving the site. Remember your visa picture and passport info have to fit in the specific spaces. So you may have to reduce a file to get it to fit.

• Just a note I did mine on my iPad and it worked out fine. The info for the Arusha hotel can be found by looking up the hotel on line if you haven’t received your final documents yet when filling out the application. Another note the only address for the Arusha Serena Hotel is the P.O. Number which they are fine with. I was also told to use Kearsley LTD as the host but I know Sealord just put Tauck and they all were fine. Don’t stress and don’t get in a hurry you should be fine doing your own.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file