America's cup excursion in Auckland?

Can anyone provide their opinions on this option? I am trying to book a very long tour the same day that of this event which is our last day in Auckland. Even though I have an extra day in Auckland the tour I wish to book is full. Is it better to book a tour to the Waitomo Cave/Rotarua compared to the America's cup excursion? I am not a sailor at all! The tour I am looking at arrives fairly late that the farewell reception occurs but not sure that is a consideration.
Thanks in advance for your wisdom and suggestions!

Comments

• Rotorua is very spectacular if you've into geysers and the such. Here's a picture or two from that area.

• I just got back from this tour last week. The Day 19 morning cruise was a pleasant sail around the harbor. Apparently the America's Cup boat did not work well for the Tauck demographic. Our cruise was instead on a sailboat with cushioned seats and a head, and aside from the opportunity to take the helm the crew did all the sailing. I enjoyed being under sail on the water; it was scenic, it was nice. But it wasn't something special and if sailing is not your thing you can easily skip it.

• Thank you for your advice!

• Jill Boyle It appears the tour has changed. I took this tour in December 2012. Thank goodness we did not have to choose as Rotarua was included. It was great to see the active geysers. If I remember correctly, there was an indoor performance and then we set out to walk around and see the geysers

• Jill, we went in 2013 and like Pure Luxury, we had Rotarua included. The America’s Cup excursion would be great to see too.

• Thanks for the various perspectives. I finally just booked a tour with CheekyKiwiTravel as they were the only company that could offer both the Waitomo Cave and Rotarua in one day. I will skip the America's Cup option with Tauck. Probably all for the best so I can rest up for a day before my long set of flights to get home-don't ask how bad it will be

• Jill Boyle
    Probably all for the best so I can rest up for a day before my long set of flights to get home-don't ask how bad it will be

Not as bad as if you were flying home from Melbourne! 😂

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file