Options

Hotels near Chartwell or Hever Castle?

Hello! I am staying an extra 2 days at the end of the June 2023 tour. On my last day, I hope to book a private tour of Chartwell and perhaps also see Hever Castle if there is time. The John England private tours sound wonderful and it's something of a life dream to see Chartwell.
Well, I fly out of Heathrow the next day so I'm wondering if it might be smart to stay in a hotel in the Chartwell area and then from there head to Heathrow versus going back to London City for an extra night at the Savoy. Anyone have an opinion on that? Thank you. :smile:

Comments

• Options

Andrea, will the tour company pick you up and return you to the Savoy? If so you're better off just staying there because Tauck will take care of your transfer to Heathrow. You might be able to find a hotel cheaper near your tour site but you'll have to arrange getting you and your luggage there plus arrange your own airport transfer.

• Options

I agree with Claudia. However, if you decide to stay outside London here are the options. The nearest hotels to Chartwell are in Westerham - about three miles from the house. Hever Castle does have a luxury B&B in a wing of the castle, so that might be an interesting option. You're looking at a long and probably expensive trip to the airport from either location and, presumably, an expensive ride to the new hotel (assuming you can't get your private tour to do your relocation trip). Public transportation isn't really a workable option for either location. The logistics are much easier if you just go back to the Savoy.

• Options

By the way, if you do go to Hever, you're only about 20 minutes by car from Knole House in Sevenoaks. One of the great country houses, it dates back to the 15th century. Lots of history and a large deer park surrounding the house. Definitely worth a visit.

• Options

Hello Ken & Claudia, many thanks for your replies. I sorted it out. I'm going to stay overnight in Bromley & I've booked a cab to the airport the next day. True, it's a bit of a drive & so-so expensive. But, the thought of a return to trip to London after a long day of touring in the Kent area made me think again. Most excited to begin this fabulous adventure. !! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file