Walking Challenges

Is there really much walking on this tour? I've developed some walking challenges, and I see Tauck rates this as moderate activity. I took the very similar tour 15 years ago and I don't remember very much walking at all. And stairs, yes, in one hotel, I remember a bit of stairs.......and guess there are handrails for the steps on and off the in Africa flights......

Comments

• edited January 2023

On the K&T Africa trip there is very little walking. You need to be sufficiently ambulatory to ‘climb’ into the safari vehicles. The seats are not at ground level like in a car. They are elevated several feet.

• milmil
    edited January 2023

As far as I can remember... and I still have a great memory , the biggest walking challenge in this trip was from the Jepp to the rest. and on to your room or the Spa....
    Now,seriously.. there isn't much walking but I can see how at and during the visit to Olduvai Gorge it can be challenging... terraine its not flat, you have to walk down a trail and it is very easy to slip. Tauck does offer to take you down on a Jeep.

I went on the Jeep. Also, if you need assistance to climb up the Jeeps, let the TD know and they will carry a stool on the Jeep.-

• edited January 2023

K&T does not go to the Gorge anymore. You fly to the Four Seasons. Actually, we had a great game drive after getting off the plane near the Four Seasons.

• Yes, I had also noticed that the tour no longer goes to the gorge…. I do remember doing that

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file