Magic of Morocco Blog, February 27-March 8, 2022

2»

Comments

• We had a flight out of Casablanca (Royal Air Maroc) at 1pm to JFK. We departed Marrakesh about 7am. No problems.

• Hello. I am reading reviews that La Tour Hassan and Palais Faraj hotels have warm, un-air conditioned rooms. We like it very cool, 67F to sleep and be comfortable. Is it true these hotels lack adequate
    A/C. We are going on Magic of Morocco tour in April.

• Those hotels are 2 Four Seasons- excellent AC- The L' Tour Hassan and Palais Faraj hotels Ac were fine too. I went in March-

• edited March 2023

RCT - Hello. I am reading reviews that La Tour Hassan and Palais Faraj hotels have warm, un-air conditioned rooms. We like it very cool, 67F to sleep and be comfortable. Is it true these hotels lack adequate A/C. We are going on Magic of Morocco tour in April.

We were there in March and April. The La Tour Hassan had air conditioning turned on in the public areas but not in the guest rooms. It was not too bad because the weather was not hot. I don't remember what the situation was at Palais Faraj (in Fes) but it was fairly cool when we were there. The Palais Faraj is an older hotel with a small elevator. The hallways have many small single “steps” (just a few inches) and are easy to trip over. I don’t know the reason for those changes of height of the floor but be careful. We had a large room and it had very good Internet access.

As Mil said, the two Four Seasons hotels were very modern and were air conditioned. Just a note: The Four Seasons hotel in Casablanca does not serve alcoholic beverages because they are located fairly close to a major mosque.

If you want a preview of your trip, I blogged our trip - https://www.mikeandjudytravel.com/2022-1Morocco-01.htm

• Thank you, Mike! Can someone tell me more about the Tauck buses used in Morocco? I can’t find any details about them, not even a photo of what the interior looks like. Someone on the forum mentioned they are uncomfortable. Is there wifi? USB ports? Are they comfortable? Do you recommend bringing some kind of neck pillow, or amenity for the long transportation between cities?

• The buses were fine, modern. But no power on the ones when we went. No AC and no USB. The one we were on had WiFi.