South Africa Elegant Adventure May 2023

Anyone going on the May 31, 2023 trip? Has anyone that has already been on this trip have any good suggestions for CapeTown for a day or two before the itinerary begins?

Comments

• We did the hop on hop off bus and really enjoyed it. If we had 2 days I would have done a wine tour.

• Hop On/Off bus is a good way to spend several hours for an overview, they have multiple routes. A really nice spot to visit is the Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden.

• I thought Kirstenbosch Gardens were part of the tour these days, they were not when we went but we used the free limo service at the One and Only to get there and back.

• Hi, IleneLloyd! We did this tour this past October - it was fabulous! We arrived two days in advance. We went to Robben Island the day we arrived which I highly recommend. It is not included in the Tauck tour but we found it fascinating and very worthwhile. It can sell out, so it’s a good idea to buy your tickets in advance. We took a private “Cape Town Eats” food tour with Pam of Cape Fusion Tours - it was a lot of fun and included history and culture as well as great local food! It also gives you ideas for restaurants and things to do in Cape Town. Pam is fun, knowledgeable, personable and such a terrific guide. The next day we had another private tour with Pam to the Winelands which I also definitely recommend! It is absolutely breathtaking! We were so glad we did that as the Tauck tour does not visit Stellenbosch - it only goes to Constantia, a suburb of Cape Town, and just for dinner (which was excellent but the scenery doesn’t compare to the Winelands). So I highly recommend doing a private tour of Stellenbosch! It is gorgeous. Cape Fusion is wonderful as well. It was a highlight of Cape Town. Have a great time!!!