ROMANTI RHINE RIVER CRUISE

MY WIFE AND I ARE LEAVING FOR ROMANTIC WINE RIVER TOUR IN JUNE. WE ARE UNSURE WHICH EXCURSION TO TAKE ON DAY SEVEN, EITHER LUCERNE & MOUNT PILATUS or ALSATIAN WINE ROUTE. CAN SOMEONE WHO'S BEEN ON THIS TOUR MAKE SUGGESTIONS.

Comments

• It really depends on your interests. Do you want dramatic scenery or wine and a castle? Lucerne is one of my favorites and the area around there is beautiful. You will be going up considerably in altitude which some find difficult.

Fyi, typing posts in ALL CAPS is the equivalent of yelling. Probably not your intention if you want friendly help.

• I took this tour in 2018 and it was fantastic. I chose the Mount Pilatus excursion and it was the hi-lite of the trip for me. Incredible views. I enjoyed all the modes of transportation and there was a band that played the Alp Horn, they were on our tram on the ascent. We had an enjoyable lunch on the outside patio at the Pilatus Kulm Hotel restaurant while admiring the views. Tauck gave everyone some money to purchase lunch. As Claudia mentioned, it depends on your interests. I am not a huge wine drinker, so my decision was a "no brainer". I believe the altitude was about 7000 feet, we had no issues. I would say if you have a fear of heights, you may not enjoy this as much.

• I agree with Claudia Sails as it depends on your interest. I have done both, but feel the Lucerne and Mt. Pilatus is not to be missed.

• A different tour, a different time of year, but Lucerne and Mt. Pilatus were fantastic.

• After viewing Alan's pics, I guess I should have attached some images also.

• Hi we are doing Romantic Rhine in Oct. wondering about the bike trip on day 4. would love to do it but it seems aggressive. please advise. Thank you

• The itinerary says it's an "easy riverside trail" so I'm not reading it as aggressive but one person's easy is another's hard. The TDs are good at pacing these things for the group and making sure everyone can keep up, have rest stops, etc. Best advice, if you think you want to do the bike ride sign up for it when asked then when you get on the cruise the TDs will reconfirm your choices, answer any questions you have and if you change your mind they are fine with it. These early surveys just give them some idea of the interest levels. No one's going to force you to do anything you don't want to.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file