Options

Penquin Parade /Melbourne/ Waitomo /Ruakuri Cave out of Auckland

Greetings!
I am taking Australia /New Zealand trip Nov 2nd.
Is the Penguin Parade tour out of Melbourne worth doing?
Has any one aligned with a PRIVATE tour company out of Auckland to tour RUAKURI CAVE? If so which one?
Cheers!
Estelle

Comments

• Options

Instead of the "Penguin Parade" (are you thinking Phillip Island?), in 2016 we took a cab to St. Kilda. Much cheaper, tons of fun. Great restaurant there but you need a reservation in advance.

• Options

Yes Gaildez. Phillip Island. It sounded kind of hokey. I will check out St. Kilda. Doing the Great Ocean Road Premium tour prior to Tauck start.
    Thanks,
    Estelle

• Options

I know people that went to the Penguin Parade and love it and others that thought it wasn't worth it, it just depends on you and what you would like to do. I would definitely go to the glow worm caves on the outside of Auckland and maybe Hobbit Town. You can research Viator and Tours by Local.

• Options

gladysorlando984 thanks for the input. St. Kilda sounds intriguing as an alternative to that Penguin parade. Definitely want time at Ruakuri Cave. (a longer more active tour then Waitomo)

• Options

gaildez what's the name of restaurant in St. Kilda that you were referring to?

• Options

We loved the Penguin Parade at Phillip Island. We booked a tour and visited a winery and Koala Bears before reaching Phillip Island for sunset. Can’t remember what specific your company we chose. Loved watching the penguins though.

• Options

Stellie - we’re booked on this tour a week or so ahead of you. We begin with Tauck in Melbourne on October 23, but are arriving 3 days early. We’ve booked the Great Ocean Road full day tour the day before Tauck begins and the Philip Island Penguin evening tour on day 2 after our morning walk. Both are private tours with Acacia, which I saw recommended on this site and others.

• Options

mfrancis,
    Thanks! Booked Great Ocean Road Reverse Tour through Hit the Road Tours. (Small Group)
    Will check out ACACIA for the penguins! Thanks for suggestion.
    If you are into River Drift Snorkelling in The Rainforest check out Back Country Bliss Adventures. They look like a good outfit!

Cheers!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file