Visas in Asia

What is best way to obtain visas - through the Tauck site or elsewhere? Do I have to mail in passport; somewhat confused as some site say to send a copy and you get a "loose-leaf" visa? I need the passport for a trip in Aug/Sept before departing in Oct for Asia so I am fearful of mailing it in and I can't do it too early because if would exceed 90 days.

Comments

• We got our visas on line, it is straightforward and it is not necessary to send in your passport. Access the embassy for each country and they will have a link for the application for the visa. You pay for the visa with a credit card. When the visa is approved, they will send you an email which you present to immigration with your passport when you land.

There are a number of commercial enterprises that will get your visa, but it is not necessary to use them (they charge more)

• My tracfone is only able to use wifi when out of the country,no data plan.Will I be able to print out the email from VIetnam and Cambodia that has the visas and hand it in with my passport as opposed to a "link" in the email? I would think the evisa would be in the computers in both countries.

• We got out visas a few weeks before the trip via the website on a PC and just printed them out. Gave the printout visa upon entering the country

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file