Options

Colonial Tram Car Melbourne

Has anyone that visited Melbourne booked the Colonial Tram Car (dinner)?
I'm having difficulty finding who to book it with. Many of the touring companies don't seem to offer it.
Might it have been discontinued?
Does anyone have up to date info on this?
Many thanks.

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2023

Hello Stellie! It was part of the tour when we took it years ago. I think I recall people mentioning it stopped after the Pandemic. We thought it was Ok at the time but I read here that people thought it was so so. We arrived early in Melbourne and took a regular tram ride during the day and had so,e lovelies conversations with the locals on the way round. I think that is where we went to the very good war memories which was not part of the tour at the time and the Botanical gardens. There was also a square, can’t recall the name, maybe Freedom and there was a museum of TV or something like that which had displays of old favorite shows that Australia imported to England that I remember seeing as a kid like Skippy the Bush Kangaroo 😀

I did a quick search and found the history in Wikipedia. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colonial_Tramcar_Restaurant

It seems it finished in 2018

• Options

I do not have recent experience either but if you enjoy museums, I recommend The National Gallery of Victoria. If interested there is also a very informative museum chronicling Jewish life in Australia. For a bite to eat, you can stroll through the Queen Victoria Market which I know is still in existence.

• Options

I went to Australia and New Zealand this year and there wasn't a dinner in a tram car and no one mentioned it so it's possible it's not a big thing anymore

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file