Options

Classic Italy - the Colosseum

I'm taking this tour in September. I notice they do not mention the Colosseum in Rome as a particular tour on the Itinerary, is this something you have to make your own reservations for in advance? Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options

I have not taken this specific tour, but normally you would visit the Coliseum when you tour Ancient Rome and the forum. It’s all together in one area.

• Options

Florrie, are you on the Small Group Classic Italy or the regular tour? The itinerary wording is different in places.

Regular Classic Italy - Day 5 A sightseeing excursion begins the day in Rome, once the virtual capital of the ancient world, and now Italy's capital city. Witness the grandeur of the 2,000-year-old Colosseum; see Circus Maximus, the 4th-century BC stadium where chariot races were held, and the ruins of the Imperial Palace. This afternoon and evening, enjoy some free time to explore what interests you most in Rome.

Small Group Day 4 - Explore the glories of "eternal" Rome – once the virtual capital of the ancient world, and now Italy's capital city – with a local guide who knows them best. See the ruins of the Imperial Palace; the Circus Maximus, the 4th-century BC stadium where chariot races were held; and the Forum, best known as the location for important political, social and religious activities in ancient Rome. The rest of the afternoon and evening are free for you to pursue what interests you most in Rome on your own.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file