Options

Warsaw, Budapest,Vienna & Prague Trip extra days in Warsaw and Prague

I would very much appreciate receiving recommendations for what to see and restaurants for an extra day in Warsaw and then another extra day in Prague.
Thank you!

Comments

• Options

I booked (on Viator) a walking tour of what had been the Warsaw Ghetto. I hadn't booked it as a private tour, but that's what it turned out to be. The guide, who was wonderful, met me in the lobby of the Hotel Bristol, and the two of us set off for the tour, which lasted a couple of hours. It ended at the POLIN Museum, where I spent a couple more hours on my own, before taking the tram back to the hotel. It was a wonderful day. I also recommend watching or reading "The Pianist" and reading "Mila 18" before you go. And Prague is one of my favorite cities in the whole world, but I can't think of anything specific to do except wander around Mala Strana.

• Options

IsabelleAK, When do you leave? Of my 14 tours with Tauck, this one is my favorite; I took it once in 2012 and again in 2018. While on my own in Warsaw, I visited the Royal Castle, which is a very short walk from the hotel. And spent a half day walking through the New Town. It is filled with many churches and ends at the Monument to the Warsaw Uprising. Tauck probably takes you to the monument on your tour but I still appreciated the time I had alone to visit this area. However, my most meaningful day was walking to the Warsaw Zoo and visiting the Villa where the Zabinski's lived. If you saw the movie "The Zookeeper's Wife" you would be familiar with their story. Initially, I was told at the gate that the Villa was closed but as I am very persistent, I walked to the Villa, knocked on the door, and was invited in. I still carry so many wonderful memories of that visit. When you arrive, there is a gift shop across from the Castle. Buy The Golden Book "Warsaw". It's not expensive and is filled with pictures and descriptions of sites throughout Warsaw. Based on your personal interests, you could put together a nice itinerary for when you are on your own. I wish I could go with you!

• Options

Isabella….. I have booked this tour for October14-27, 2023! When will you be going? I have extra days in Warsaw. I am interested in reading the posts that suggest things to do and see for ideas to spend my pre-tour days.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file