Options

Lisbon Eastbound starting 8/30/2023

My wife and I are arriving in Lisbon on 8/29/23 and have a dinner reservation a Il Mercato (near the InterContinental Lisbon). Please let us know if you would like to join us. Has anyone made plans or reservations for our free evening in Lisbon (Thursday, 8/31/23)?

M. Eugene Sherman, MD FACC
dsr9dsr@mac.com

Comments

• Options

Just a suggestion but it's better to use the private messaging feature here in the forum than posting your private email address on a forum open to read by the public. To edit your message and remove it click the tiny wheel in the upper right corner.

Best of luck on the tour. We did it last year.

• Options
    edited August 2023

Gene90 - If you wish to try authentic Portuguese cuisine on your other free night, the Alfama district has many small, mom and pop cafes.

Alternatively, and within an easy walk from the InterContinental, is Avenida da Liberdade, the main shopping avenue with wide, pedestrian walkways and trees providing much shade. Once you walk past the major shops, you will discover many cafes. You can walk all the way to the river if you so desire. Be sure to weave in and out of the side streets. If you enjoy octopus, having it in Portugal is a must!

This was a fabulous trip and one that I plan to do again. Have a marvelous time!

• Options

We are on this trip. I sent you a message.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file