Options

Restaurant recommendations in Venice and Dubrovnik

My Israel & Jordan trip is cancelled next week so I am now headed for Venice and the Dalmatian Coast. Any recommendations for a special restaurant in Venice that has a varied menu (not just seafood)? Same for Dubrovnik, Croatia.

Comments

• Options

There is an exquisite restaurant in Dubrovnik called Restaurant 360. It’s fine dining in every way imaginable. You can Google and take a peak. Reservations certainly required. I happen to enjoy Mediterranean cuisine and I don’t remember the name of other restaurants but I really enjoyed them.

• Options

I've also been to Restaurant 360 and agree 100% with OurTravels34, it is fine dining in every way imaginable. Absolutely delicious!

• Options

I agree with Restaurant 360, I didn't extend the time in Venice as that was my 4th visit there and the tour is in Venice for only 1 day. I went on this tour this year you will love it.

• Options

Be sure to dine outside overlooking the sea at Restaurant 360 in Dubrovnik. Sometimes I ask if the chef wouldn’t mind signing a menu for me to keep. There are also many good restaurants in the old town. I just can’t remember the names of them.

• Options

I loved Heritage of Dubrovnik! It's in the old town, not far from the Onofrio Fountain -- a short walking distance from the Hilton, which was our hotel on the Adriatic Treasures tour. I changed my reservation multiple times (because other travelers wanted to join me) and they were so accommodating! I did all of the reservations by e-mail. You can check the menu on line.

• Options

There is a wonderful small restaurant with outdoor seating overlooking small harbor and the wall icalled Konoba Kenova recommended by the Hilton Hotel concierge. Its a good walk from the hotel and the food is wonderfull. Also, in Venice, Da Forno in back of San Marco and a good but overpriced Il Ridotto

• Options

Across from St.Mark's on the canal is a small waterfront restaurant owned by Cipriani. The view of the Doges Palace across the water is unparalleled. There is even a motorboat to take you across and back, and the food was delicious. Go and have a pricey hamburger and a priceless experience.

• Options

But don't bother stopping at Harry's Bar which was opened by Giuseppe Cipriani in 1931. It is not far from St Mark's. Despite its history being frequented by the rich and famous and the literati in years gone by, it is just a plain bar that serves an outrageously over-priced peach Bellini, which along with carpaccio was supposedly invented there. While he was probably referring to one of the other Harry's, check out what Anthony Bourdain said in Wikipedia!! :D

• Options

My favorite place in Dubrovnik was the Buzo Bar, literally a hole in the wall and absolutely wonderful.

• Options

The views of the Adriatic from Buza Bar are magnificent and, yes, it is literally accessed by entering through a hole in a wall, hence the name.

• Options

Thanks, kfnknfzk, for correcting my spelling of the Buza, not Buzo Bar😉

• Options

No worries...easy to do. You got the buz (booze) part right!

• Options

There are two Buza bars along the walls of Dubrovnik. The Buza Bar and Bard Mala Buza (they are close to each other).
    I thought the Bard Mala Buza had better views and seating.
    A casual spot I had dinner one night was Beach Bar DoDo. It is close to the Tauck hotel set in a cove, nice views, great food and a fun atmosphere.
    Beach Bar DoDo was cash only and if I remember correctly so were the Buza Bars.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file