Options

Is a duffle bag still provided?

Is Tauck still providing duffel bags prior to the tour? Anyone been recently to confirm?

Comments

• Options

We were on the Tanzania and Kenya trip in August and received duffels.

• Options

Or, you could call Tauck and ask!

• Options

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they do provide the duffels.

• Options
    edited January 4

I’m talking the Family safari in Tanzania. Yes, if I don’t get an answer here I will ask when I call a month beforehand to get an estimate of the number of kids, ages and sexes. At one time our tour date was full, now it says limited. We are thinking of just taking the duffles as carry on this time, no checked luggage

• Options

British - that's exactly what we plan to do with the duffles. I too noticed just the other day that 3 tours in July (14th, 17th [we are on this one], and 19th) were full just weeks ago, and now all show as limited. People must have backed out for one reason or another. I already got one head count on the kids - but clearly it's best to check much closer to departure.

• Options

I don’t know the reasons for all the changes but I certainly know several people who are afraid to travel since the Israel war broke out, I’m sure it’s also all the price rises both inflation and the cost of tours. We booked our tour as soon as it was posted a long time ago because the summer ones used to sell out so quickly. We’ve been planning this for years. At one time we came across people who booked numerous tours willy nilly with Tauck, never intending to take all of them and then cancelling some of them when they decided which ones they really wanted to do. Now insurance is more expensive and not so easily transferable, maybe there is less of that and most tours don’t appear to be full any more when forum people mention the number of people on their tours.
    Even calling Tauck so close, numbers change. When we took our first Bridges tour last year, I warned the grandchildren that the supposed numbers might change and really it was just a rough idea of what to expect. Back then, we had 45 people on that tour. That will obviously be so different than the max of 30 on this Africa tour and our group will be 9 of those. Last year, one family did not mix at all. If the private group choice was not so extra expensive, we might have considered that,
    I am hoping I might be able to coax the name of the tour director out of the agent because we know several of them, though I’ve never been successful doing that when I’ve asked an agent before. When I met a staff member from Tauck on a tour once, she told me the Bridges tour directors really vary on their approach.
    Our grandkids are already pretty knowledgeable about the animals.