Options

Weather/Temperatures in May

Has anyone done the Croatia to Venice tour in May? What was the weather like? What was the average temperature? Was there a lot of variation in temperatures from place to place? Tauck’s info seems to indicate that it is warmer than what I am seeing on the weather apps. I am trying to figure out what to pack. Any guidance would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Options

We were there mid June 2022 and it was HOT, especially Dubrovnik and Venice. Summer clothes and probably a light jacket for the evenings will do fine. However, if your trip includes the caves at Postojna it will be really cold. Bring layers, sweater hat and gloves. Some even brought boots. You can wear your summer clothes under the warm things, or bring them along and change in the changing rooms so you can enjoy the rest of the day.

• Options

I’ve always found Tauck’s temperatures very misleading and always look elsewhere. They seem to gloss over very hot or very cold temperatures by stating averages

• Options

I think Tauck might use daily averages, which include nighttime temps. WeatherSpark is my go to weather website.

• Options

I always pack a raincoat purchased a few years ago from Talbots. If the temperatures in May become a little cooler then a raincoat provides you the opportunity to layer your clothes accordingly. The predicted low for Venice after sunset is

• Options

Sorry. I would like to take this opportunity to finish the sentence. 50 - 56 degrees. Venice is a beautiful city. I experienced cooler temperatures in April on my first trip with friends from college and returned in May to enjoy much warmer weather with my parents.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file