Options

What type electric outlets in British Air lounges at LHR?

I have an upcoming, long layover at LHR on the way to the continent. Does anyone know if the electric outlets in the BA lounges in LHR (term 5) are universal or British style only? Would rather not bring the bulky British adapter if I don't have to.

Comments

• Options

In Sep '22 Point Hacks said this about the South Club Lounge, London Heathrow T5, "You’ll also find handy power outlets throughout the lounge. Depending on where you set up, you may have both AC and USB-A ports waiting for you. At some seats, there are both the tri-pin UK-style plugs and the round, two-pin European-style outlets."

So, if not using a USB you could need either a UK or 2 pin Euro adapter.

• Options

Thanks, Alan. Missed that one in my google search.

I got a new phone a few months ago with a USB-C connector and now I also carry a USB-A to C adapter.

• Options

Not paranoid at all, MikeHenderson, but rightfully cautious and very astute. I do the same thing.

• Options

Mike - I agree with you about juice hacking potential.

I have a few of these: https://www.amazon.com/PortaPow-3rd-Data-Blocker-Pack/dp/B00T0DW3F8/ref=sr_1_1_pp?th=1

• Options

Just to answer my own question...

Currenty in the North lounge in T5 in LHR. I haven't seen an outlet anywhere. There may be some on the hightop counters where people are sitting with laptops, but 99 44/100% of the seats have no nearby outlet.