Options

Prague-Budapest Oct. 10,2017

We are previous Tauck (South Africa & Ireland) travelers but this is first River Cruise. Any thoughts on what to pack, how formal does it get and what weather may be like in October.

Comments

• Options
    Hello Joepall, you will find all the information on the page for the tour except you won't be needing shorts because by October it is quite cool in all the areas you will going to, from 54 to 61 degrees F for high temps. Look for the sections 'What to pack' then do a search on the forum for the topic and you will see endless replies. Many mention it's cool on the ship's deck in the evenings so prepare for an extra layer if you intend going on top and watching the lights of the cities and towns, it will be quite dark early evenings by then. Then go to the section, 'Preparing to Go' where you will find the weather details I mention. But of course one has to consider freak so called Global warming factors that bo one can predict. The crowds will be less at that time of year, a good thing!
  • Options
    We did this river cruise in June 2016. As far as formal goes, most of the men wore suits at the Welcome, Closing and Vienna dinners. It was a wonderful trip. Enjoy yours.
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    We did this trip (westbound) in October 2016. It was cool during the days and cold at night, but the fall colors were marvelous. We didn't spend much time outside on deck because of the weather. My primaloft quilted jacket was perfect. Don't forget to bring some gloves--I wore mine 4-5 times.

This trip has 4 fairly fancy dinners, one in Budapest, one in Vienna, one on board, and one in Prague. The one in Vienna was the dressiest. Men should bring along a sport coat for sure; tie is optional, but many men on our trip wore one. No one wore a suit. Ladies can wear dressy pants or skirt/dress. I had one pair of dressy black pants with a couple of different tops/scarves to rotate.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the great info. This will make the trip that much better.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file