Options

What type of plug adapters needed on the boat?

Can any one say what type of electrical plug adapters are needed on the boat? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    You don't need an adaptor. The staterooms have both European and American type plugs. On the webpage that details the ship (deck plans, stateroom descriptions, etc) you'll see what's provided in each room.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I don't know how many 110V receptacles there are or where they are located in the cabins, but if you have more than one device you might consider purchasing a small, multi-outlet travel power strip so you can charge all your devices in the same location. This one from Monster (currently listed as unavailable on Amazon?) which I use, has 4 outlets. Other versions come with 110V outlets and USB ports which may eliminate the need for a power module for some of your devices. The one pictured has 3 110V outlets and 2 USB ports. Here is a link to a review of five travel power strips.

Monster_Power_121501_Outlets_To_Go_Power_1462373005000_434482.jpg

31B2aSJZYhL._SX425_.jpg
  • Options
    Here's the quote from the stateroom amenities list:

"220v and 110v outlets in cabin and bathroom" - at least 2 of each and the newer ships like the Grace have even more.

The exact location in the cabin depends a bit on the room layout. The bathroom ones are a bit hidden so ask your room attendant if you can't find them. You also don't need to bring a hairdryer so one less worry.

We usually bring at least 1 European adapter - the simplest type that just costs a few dollars. It's never required on the ship but gives us a little more flexibility if we are both charging items at the same time and we use it if we have a hotel stay before or after since they never have US style plugs. We only ever need to charge our phones, ereaders or tablets.

I've attaching a link to Cruise Reports latest Tauck review of the MS Grace from last year. If you don't trust my link, just google their website. They have several Tauck ship reviews and in my opinion do the best job of any reviewer out there to help you prepare for your cruise.
    http://cruisereport.com/cruiseship.aspx?id=1056

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file