Options

Luggage on the small planes

Is camera gear or back pack allowed in addition to the duffle bag?

Comments

• Options
    I believe as long as you can hold it. The duffels are thrown in the back of the plane.
  • Options
    Thanks grandinroad!
  • Options
    Yup, as long as you can hold it. Small cabin and seats, and no overhead bins, except on the flight to Capetown and I'm not sure about that one.

IMG_2421r.jpg

Here I am sitting in the co-pilot's seat:

IMG_1969r.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Sometimes there is an area at the back of the plane behind the last seats where you can throw a backpack. The planes can vary, some can be smaller than the one Alan shows. The tour director often does not know what plane/s are coming until literally just before. You can definitely take a small 'day' backpack in addition to to the duffel. With modern camera technology and editing, a small camera is all you need for these tours. This is one of my favorite tours.
  • Options
    Picture is worth a thousand words! Thanks AlanS! and British.
    How do you post the picture in this forum?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    sudhamali wrote:
    Picture is worth a thousand words! Thanks AlanS! and British.
    How do you post the picture in this forum?

Photos must be hosted online somewhere first- photo hosting service, etc. (I put my photos on a woodworking hobby site I belong to). Then you copy the URL (location of the photo), hit the photo button above (button with mountain and sun), and paste the URL between the brackets that appear.

The big caution is that the photo size can not be bigger than 640 X 480 px or it will to big and mess up the display on Tauck's forums.