Options

Ireland -Scotland-London -09-15-2017-9-30/2017

Looking for suggestions venues for evening in Ireland, Scotland and London to not miss. Flying into Shannon a day early and hotel is in Ennis any Suggestions for day trips?

Comments

• Options
    Are you taking a Tauck tour?
  • Options
    The Cliffs of Moher are close to Ennis and would be a good day trip. Ennis itself has an a medieval abbey, lots of shops, and has a fair amount to do also. The Town Hall (a restaurant) is next to the Old Ground and has good food as does the restaurant at the Old Ground. There is live Irish music at the Old Ground on Saturday night and we really enjoyed that.
  • Options
    British wrote:
    Are you taking a Tauck tour?
    Yes Sept 16,2017
  • Options
    When I am in London, I head for the theater at night. You can see Broadway shows for as little as 20 pounds, much cheaper than Broadway. Go to the Concierge at your hotel who will book for you, or go the the theatre itself during the day and see what is available. I've even got the best Hamilton tickets for April next year and they were just 200 pounds
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Looking for suggestions venues for evening in Ireland, Scotland and London to not miss. Flying into Shannon a day early and hotel is in Ennis any Suggestions for day trips?

Search the forum archives for your tour and any tour that visits any of the same places, e.g. Best of Ireland, A Week in Ireland, Treasures of British and Irish Isles, A Week in Scotland, Ireland & Great Britain, England, Scotland and Wales, etc. and you'll see plenty of suggestions.

You can narrow your search to specific places and things to see and do, e.g 'eating' or 'dining in Ennis', 'pub crawls in London', a visit to 'Bunratty Castle' or 'Medieval Banquet, Bunratty.' Bunratty is near Ennis. Here is a link to just one of my posts about Bunratty:

https://www.tauck.com/yaf/default.aspx?g=posts&m=38126#post38126

A search of the forums on 'Burnatty' returns 6 pages of results which are listed newest to oldest. You can search on any terms you like, e.g. 'early arrival' 'free time activities' 'side trips,' 'dining,' etc. While I will often will do searches, I always read the entire forum archive for the trip we are taking and often the archives for other trips visiting the same area.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file