Options

Hawaii tour

I am considering the Hawaii tour in 2018. I would like to receive some comments from recent travellers. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    Blitz wrote:
    I am considering the Hawaii tour in 2018. I would like to receive some comments from recent travellers. Thanks

It would have been better to post this on "The Best of Hawaii" forum. For general comments you can read the reviews. See the "Reviews" tab on the tour page. There are currently 100 reviews, though all are not current. For discussions about various aspects of the tour, transportation, pre/post/side trips, etc. check the "The Best of Hawaii" forum archives. Also, you might get better responses if you post specific questions instead of such a broad, open-ended one. Obviously, the itinerary provides a lot of info, but don't forget to check out the info at the other tabs- "Accommodations" and especially "Before You Go" and all the sub-sections there.

Both Tauck and Hawaii are great.
  • Options
    We just signed up for the March 28, 2018, Small Group, Best of Hawaii Tour. Our first tour with Tauck, in 1999, was the Best of Hawaii Tour. Since then we have taken 21 tours with Tauck, all over the world.
    Though, we have been back to Hawaii several times, we decided to to it again with Tauck. We wouldn't think of travel with anyone else. Hope you decide to do this trip!!!
  • Options
    Were there any children on" Best of Hawaii",the summer of 2017? We are considering that trip for 2018. Age ranges from 10 yrs to 25yrs, (5 grandchildren), and 7 adults. It would be in July because of school vacations.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Aloha...We were on a Small Group tour in February 2017. It was a wonderful experience and a bonus was leaving winter behind for a few weeks. We arrived in Honolulu a few days early, rented an auto and explored the North Shore area, and Diamond Head. We also stayed a few days extra on Maui and did the Road to Hana (van down and helicopter back). The resorts, food, and tour guide were amazing. Highly recommend the optional helicopter on The Big Island which goes real close to the active volcano and we saw lava flows and it gushing into the ocean.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    We encountered a couple of teenage boys on one of our Africa tours and one older teenager on the tour that included Seattle, Portland and Vancouver one, other than that we have never had any children on our tours, I class children as anyone under say 13. The activities on most tours are not really geared for children, even if I think of our most recent tour. Especially with Hawaii and being so many of you, would it not be better to focus on a couple of islands and go there independently, you could easily arrange private tours of key places and have more down time to just enjoy each other's company, or chose a Bridges tour, much more geared to multi generational families.
  • Options
    I went on the Hawaii tour a couple of years ago. It is wonderful and much more free time than other Tauck tours. Therefore, you can take advantage of the beautiful hotels where we stayed. I agree with British that a large family group would probably not be great on this tour. I would suggest you do a Bridge Tauck Tour. The Hawaii trip is wonderful and the tour guide Minna, was the best!! So knowledgeable about all of the islands. I highly recommend this tour.