Options

Krakow visit plus Auschwitz

I have never been to Krakow or Auschwitz. I want to see both. Can I visit Auschwitz on my own at the end of the morning tour of Krakow and still be back in time for dinner?

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Auschwitz is a tad over an hour by car west of Krakow. There isn't enough time on Day 11 due to late arrival in Krakow.

Why not visit Auschwitz with Tauck on the optional morning tour on Day 12 (take advantage of free transportation and excellent guide) and then spend the afternoon (late afternoon/evening?) walking through Kraskow. If you want, hire a local guide in the afternoon. Maybe others will additional suggestions.

"A choice of sightseeing here today includes a tour of city sights or a poignant visit to nearby Auschwitz with a local guide. The remainder of the day is free to enjoy as you wish."
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Wife & I are taking this trip in early May. 2nd RC w/Tauck. Same boat, same cabin. 1st cruise was exceptional. We plan on going to Auschwitz. Wife has been there, I have not. Enjoy the cruise.
  • Options
    Went to Auschwitz with Tauck on a land tour in September. It's a maze and you certainly need a guide. The siteheysover2 million visitors a year andwas busy that day despite a miserable rainy day. I was glad I was with a big group, it helped to have the emotional support of a group for all of us.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    British wrote:
    Went to Auschwitz with Tauck on a land tour in September. It's a maze and you certainly need a guide. The site has over 2 million visitors a year and was busy that day despite a miserable rainy day. I was glad I was with a big group, it helped to have the emotional support of a group for all of us.

Have you been to Dachau outside Munich? Were there any differences in the experience?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file