Options

Tauck’s New App

2»

Comments

• Options
    I was not sent an email informing me my trip was on the app, even though we paid our final payment a month ago, I looked again because of the activity here. I guess lots of things to get right. The countdown time will be confusing for us since we leave several days before the tour begins so we have less time than the countdown indicates for us.
  • Options
    TauckTim wrote:
    Hey Alan,

Yup, we have a roadmap in place for how we're doing this, and that will cover every tour sooner or later. As for what percentage, it kind of depends on how you count the tours — if, for example, you count The Blue Danube: Eastbound and The Blue Danube: Westbound as one tour that runs in two directions, or as two separate ones. Regardless, though, things are going well, and we're over 50% by any standard.
    The next batch we're focusing on rollout out is mostly our river and small ship cruises; a good chunk of US tours are already out, however, and we'll be doing them again shortly as well, when they get closer to starting for the year.

-Tim

Thanks! I thought my memory might have been off a bit. The question about the app was an afterthought, I was really interested in the itinerary and the lagniappe for our upcoming trip.

I'll keep checking the app every few days.
  • Options
    I am not able to log in to the app. I have confirmed that my email and password work on the Guest Connect website.
    I have changed the password and confirmed the change.
    Nothing seems to work. I continue to get "There was a problem with your login" when I try to sign in to the app.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Just a comment about the app from our recent river cruise--it was pretty useless. The daily schedule was never available, so we just used the paper ones they put in our cabin each night. The guest list was incomplete, making it also useless. As far as maps go, it is easier to download Google maps for offline use because then you can see where you actually are on the map. Until Tauck can get more useful and up-to-date content into the app, it is a nice idea that doesn't really work in practicality.
  • Options
    We have our next trip coming up in just over three weeks and there is no app available yet and I am not holding my breath. There was an app for our last tour, it was good before the tour for ideas of places to see and a guest list but hopeless as an itinerary check because it was not the same as the tour guide provided at all on the actual tour.
    Sharon, o would call Tauck to ask if there is an app for your tour or get them to help you go on if there is one. Maybe they are way behind with having all the apps available, I haven’t read anything else about the apps for ages.