Options

Kenya eVisa - Question

Hello folks. We are on the Tauck K&T Tour beginning Saturday September 22, 2018. We applied online and had Kenya eVisa(s) issued. Although we uploaded photos during the application process, our eVisa(s) do not have a photo included at the top left of the eVisa document with bar code at upper right. We would like to know if others received the same. Thanks for the information.

Comments

• Options
    Yup. I saw that also and asked the embassy about itl. The photo in that box is supposed to be just an embassy emblem. We all had eVisas and none had any picture of anything in the upper left hand corner. Don’t worry about it. It works just fine. Used it just a few days ago.
  • Options
    Thanks for the information, Sealord. That's great. Really looking forward to this adventure. Hope you are enjoying K&T.
  • Options
    Most if not all on this trip had the Kenya eVisa, and none appeared to have anything in the upper left corner. There is a new immigration facility as opposed to the shack that they used in the past. The Tanzania exit and Kenya entrance are in the same building. Everything went pretty smoothly, and they did not request any vaccination proof at this time.
  • Options
    Sealord, when we took the K and T tour in around 2006 we drove by road to the Tanzania Kenya border, it was about a two hour drive down a paved road, but it was strewn with large rocks and as a result we cultivated a new turn of phrase in our vocabulary—- Safari Boob. It was so bumpy I had to hold fast to my bosom the whole way, much to the amisemeny of Mr. B. When we arrived at the border, we all had to stay in the vehicles and the tour director went into the office with our passports. This also gave rise to another thing for us——listen to what the tour director says and obey it——she told us to keep the windows shut——for a reason—- there were many people milling around our vehicles, showing trinkets. A woman on ours opened the window, as quick as a flash, a hand came in, trying to swipe her bag, thank goodness we were quick enough to prevent it.
    So anyway, do you still travel by road to the border and if so, do you get out yourselves to show the documents as it sounds as if you are saying? Thanks Sealord, please keep your little reviews coming. Can’t wait to do this tour again too.
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    Went through this border today with Tauck. Very easy. Tanzania exit and Kenya immigration in same building. First went to Tanzania window to show passport, then went to Kenya window (right next to each other) to show passport and visa. Very simple and easy. Tour director took care of all other details. NOT A BIG DEAL!
    The trip has been wonderful so far. I read one review that said the trip got better and better and I think its true!!!

Locals were trying to sell trinkets and were very persistent. However since we were not interested we just kept windows closed and it was not a problem.

Did not have pictures on our evisas No problem. They just checked that the name matched your passport.
  • Options
    LeeW,
    Sorry to deviate from the Evisa subject....but would be interested to know.....
    Did the Kenya authorities check your suitcases for "plastic bags" when you cross the border into Kenya?
    Thanks,
    LynArt
  • Options
    Yes ... you still drive to the border, and yes much of it is still bumpy, some not. No one checked for plastic bags. Zip locks are OK. It is the plastic bags like those used in a grocery stores that are banned ... throw aways. Zip locks are OK. Yes, the trip gets better and better with each day. We now can never return to K&T, cuz this trip was five times better than our previous K&T, probably because it has been very wet, and our trip four years ago was during a drought. The one drawback, there is so much water that the elephants are not currently using the water hole at the Four Seasons. The balloon flight came off perfectly this time. We did go to the Mara river to see a ‘mini’ migration. It was a fun thing to do but it was not the massive spectacle that we saw four years ago. Balloon day is a ‘big’ day. On safari for twelve hours starting well before dawn, and there is a night safari that night. Not many went ... most of us were ready for a pine box if we did one more thing.
  • Options
    Hey Sealord, I have been following your posts and glad you mentioned the Mara River "mini" migration. How "mini" it was and how did that compare to your experience four years ago? Our K&T classic safari trip starts on August 22 and we are fervently hoping to witness the great migration. We may arrive too early for the massive spectacle due to the heavy rain this year. Hope we can at least see a mini migration like you did. Oh, you are so funny and humorous even when you are totally exhausted :)) I can't help laughing out loud and thoroughly enjoy reading your posts and thanks for sharing your wonderful experience.
  • Options
    They did not check our luggage at all. Our tour director said zip locks are ok. I think if you were openly carring a plastic shopping bag it might be a problem but the customs agents were really easy and friendly. Plus the tour director knew them and it was very perfunctory aside from checking the passport and visa. We did not even have our bags . Tauck took them from one side of the border to the other.

We had a fabulous experience at the Four Seasons watering hole a few days ago. Herds of elephants, zebra, kofi, etc coming in and out to use.it. We spent several hours on our deck watching them. It was like being on safari.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file