Options

Prague Castle Tour - Photo License?

Good Day, I see from reviewing the Prague tourist information that if you wish to take photos inside the castle you must have a photo license. Is this also true during the Tauck walk around and inside the castle or does Tauck provide? Thanks, Chocobill

Comments

• Options
    On our tour, Tauck provided these. I assume that this is true for all Tauck tours.
  • Options
    Tauck must have either taken care of it or they don't enforce it! I was not aware of this requirement, but took MANY photos that day on our tour!
  • Options
    edited July 2018
    I don't know about licenses, but we were allowed to photograph most of what we saw. Licenses are usually for commercial photography and videography. (p.s. we took a private excursion to Cesky Krumlov where interior photography was not allowed.)

We were on the Blue Danube tour (not Danube Reflections). Our first introduction to Prague Castle was the welcome dinner in the Lobkowicz Palace. Photography was allowed in the anteroom where we had cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, and in the dining room (the only interesting things other than fellow travelers and the string quartet in both places was the ceiling art), but not in the adjoining museum rooms containing the "Lobkowicz Collection." In the afternoon of the next day we "toured" Prague Castle which started with a visit to the nearby Strahov Monastery libraries which, while impressive and beautiful are not technically part of the Prague Castle complex- photos were allowed there, but, like in many places, flash was not permitted. Also, like in many places, there were "minders" to ensure compliance. We re-boarded the buses for a short trip to the large Prague Castle complex. The "tour" here consisted mainly of exteriors of Saint George's Basilica, St. Vitas Cathedral, the Mathias Gate and cobblestone courtyards- and a tour of the interior of St Vitas Cathedral (again, photos allowed, no flash). We did not tour any other castle buildings since many, including the residence of the President of the Czech Republic, are still in active use by the government. Someone who has taken Danube Reflections will need to provide a comparison.

St. Vitus Cathedral:

IMG_8241r.jpg

St. George's Basilica:

IMG_8244r.jpg

Strahov Monastery libraries (Theological Hall):

IMG_8311r.jpg

Philosophical Hall:

IMG_8315r.jpg

Mathias Gate and President's residence:

IMG_8329r.jpg

Interior of St Vitas Cathedral:

IMG_8346r.jpg

• Options
    chocobill wrote:
    Good Day, I see from reviewing the Prague tourist information that if you wish to take photos inside the castle you must have a photo license. Is this also true during the Tauck walk around and inside the castle or does Tauck provide? Thanks, Chocobill
    When we went on the land tour that included Prague last year, I do remember something about a license for one venue that Tauck took care of.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file