Smartgate

I have global entry card from U.S. can I go through the smartgate upon entry into Australia?

Comments

• I doubt it.
  • edited September 2018
    Msjp wrote:
    I have global entry card from U.S. can I go through the smartgate upon entry into Australia?

According to my reading, if your passport is an ePassport (has a small camera symbol at the bottom of the front cover) and you are from one of the eligible countries (US is eligible), then, yes you can use Smartgate. In 2018 they started deploying "new" Arrivals Smartgates but the status is unclear.

Read about it here: https://www.abf.gov.au/smartgates/arrivals
  • We did the Australia/New Zealand trip last year. When we entered New Zealand, there was a global entry line. They required that we have our global entry ID card - so you might want to take your ID card too just to be safe. It saves time!
  • cvc wrote:
    We did the Australia/New Zealand trip last year. When we entered New Zealand, there was a global entry line. They required that we have our global entry ID card - so you might want to take your ID card too just to be safe. It saves time!

Thanks!
  • Unlike the standard California driveer’s license, the Global entry card is also a valid government ID card.
  • Global Entry CARD did work in New Zealand - saved time on immigration, but still had to wait for luggage. But better watching a luggage carousel spin then standing in a zig zagging line. Must have the card.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file