Eurostar: London to Paris

On the morning that we leave London for Paris can anyone tell me what time you will need to be ready for the transport from the Savoy to the train?

Comments

• FL couple wrote:
    On the morning that we leave London for Paris can anyone tell me what time you will need to be ready for the transport from the Savoy to the train?
    It's best to contact Tauck as transport times often change from one trip to the next. We recently had a departure change by 6 hours earlier on a Tauck trip due to ViaRail in Canada.
  • Thanks, I was just trying to get a general idea from those that have taken this tour.
  • AshvEd wrote:
    It's best to contact Tauck as transport times often change from one trip to the next. We recently had a departure change by 6 hours earlier on a Tauck trip due to ViaRail in Canada.
    And even Tauck's answer may not be correct, as things change from trip to trip.

Regarding a European trip over the summer, prior to the trip, I called Tauck to get a time we'd be back for our free afternoon, as I wanted to book/purchase in advance an afternoon activity. Turns out they were off by 90 minutes and it was very tight (and the TD made every effort to get me where I needed to be by having the bus drop me off nearby, on the way back to the hotel.
  • It can also depend on traffic between the hotel and the train station plus any time needed for security/customs.

When we did the same cruise in the opposite direction last year per my notes here are the times we got:

- 7 am luggage pull
    - 8:30 depart the ship for Gare du Nord
    - 11:01 train departure
    - 12:39 arr London (2 1/2 hr train ride but we gained an hour due to the time difference)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file