Options

DANGEROUS SPAM

The has been a new user, guddduidharaah, posting spam, e.g. "Buying Diapers in Cuba," on numerous sub-forums. One or more of his posts contain links to really bad MALWARE that can be used to seize control and gain access to your computer and files remotely. Do not click on the links!!

Comments

• Options
    I am Beginning to think Tauck should scrap their forum
  • Options
    British, IMHO the answer is that Tauck must do a much better job of monitoring these forums and shutting out spammers immediately. Some of the regulars have spotted and responded SPAM on the post (this new person is one of the worse). If Tauck is going to maintain these very informative and helpful forums, they have to assign someone to clean them up promptly everyday. There aren't that many posts, it's not hard.
  • Options
    taxare wrote:
    British, IMHO the answer is that Tauck must do a much better job of monitoring these forums and shutting out spammers immediately. Some of the regulars have spotted and responded SPAM on the post (this new person is one of the worse). If Tauck is going to maintain these very informative and helpful forums, they have to assign someone to clean them up promptly everyday. There aren't that many posts, it's not hard.

No, it’s not hard, but it is not being done. The forum and the website are so sub par. Even the page for each tour is inconsistent— when you open tabs they don’t have the correct and up to date information on them, I could go on. There tours are wonderful and I would not travel with anyone else. i just don’t understand, or maybe I do, that they are so successful, they do not see the need.
  • Options
    Have you ever sent them an email? They don’t seem to answer those as well.
  • Options
    I generally mark them as abusive and email Tauck. It really would not take much effort on Tauck's IT part to review those that are flagged and delete those deemed inappropriate. Weekends and holidays are particularly vulnerable as it appears there are no Tauck IT folks working. We have been patiently waiting for their updated website and Forum which was projected to be launched in the Fall. Oh well!
  • Options
    BSP51 wrote:
    Have you ever sent them an email? They don’t seem to answer those as well.

I have emailed them a couple of times for general questions and they do get back after a couple of days. I have reported inappropriate emails which is how you would describe the current guy’s because they are not abusive as such.
  • Options
    To all frustrated forum users
    Emails are so easy to ignore. You might try sending a real letter, with an envelope and stamp, via snail mail to Dan Mahar, the CEO of the company. The company address is on all the brochures. I did this once and got a phone call from his executive assistant. It is a shame that an outstanding company such as Tauck has such an outdated and unresponsive IT department. Mr. Mahar might be completely unaware of the problems. Perhaps if he knew, he could look into making improvements.
    Happy New Year to all, and may 2019 bring wonderful travel opportunities and adventures.
    Cheers‼️????‼️
    Nancy
  • Options
    And, for the first time in 17 trips, we are traveling with a competitive company as Tauck has not resurrected their Egypt trip and we are anxious to travel there. We are hoping that this company is similar to Tauck ( the price and perks are competitive) . Sadly. With a pretty comprehensive internet presence the company does not have anything like a traveler forum. We realize we have to post on an alternate site such as Trip Advisor, etc. . So, the fact that Tauck even has a site for travelers, both new and veterans, to exchange information is still better than the competition!