Options

Suggestions for things to do in Panama City that we are not doing with Tauck

We are on the 1/25 Westbound trip arriving late in the evening of the 24th. Looking for ideas for the the 25th before the trip starts at 6 PM? Saw something about the Pope being in Panama City at same time and at our hotel?? Anybody have any info?

Bob & Shirley

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Yes, true, the Pope will be in town. We are on the tour right now. Everything in sight is being painted. Traffic is very heavy on a normal day. I am sure there will be barriers and restrictions, so I would wait and get advice from the concierge. I am sure the tour directors will also leave special information for you. The included tour of the old city we got was very poor, but could vary depending on who you get. We walked the town on our own the day before and were glad we did, we went in about four churches, had a coffee, generally took our time and enjoyed the ambiance. It took us a brisk walk of 45 mins to get from the Hilton along the very pleasant ‘promenade ‘. A taxi back is a negotiable price, it cost us $2.
    There are a number of excursions you can book through the concierge but they are pricey, say from $100 each to over$ $300 depending where you go. If the Pope is in town, it may not be feasible.
    Ok lunch is calling!
  • Options
    Thank you, very helpful.
  • Options
    BobStolte wrote:
    We are on the 1/25 Westbound trip arriving late in the evening of the 24th. Looking for ideas for the the 25th before the trip starts at 6 PM? Saw something about the Pope being in Panama City at same time and at our hotel?? Anybody have any info?

Bob & Shirley

Did you read this thread in the Panama Canal & Costa Rica forum archives, especially (my) posts #22 and #28?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file