Options

8/24 Tanzania Kenya classic safari

Anybody on the 8/24 2019 safari?

Comments

• Options

Yes, Susan from San Francisco.

• Options

Are you flying in early. What flight are you on. My wife and I are going in a day early. Our last leg is from Amsterdam on delta.

• Options

I’m coming 2 days early, from Addis Ababa Ethiopia on Ethiopian Air. See you there! I have the hardly waits!

• Options
    edited July 2019

It’s good to fly in at least a day early. On one of our trips to Arusha, our flight to Amsterdam, was delayed. We managed to run and catch the Delta flight, but our luggage didn’t make it and there is only one flight a day. Luckily, it arrived 24 hours later, but we had come in two days early so all was well. My advice, always pack at least one complete outfit change in your carry on. Most people arrive on the Delta flight. Next time we are flying Qatar. See how that works.

• Options

We flew Qatar into Arusha on our December trip and it was fine. Long, but fine. Because of their disagreement with Saudi Arabia, they can’t fly over them. So what should be a 4 hour trip from Doha to Arusha, it ends up being a 6 hour trip. We flew into Doha from the states on Qatar and overnighted at the hotel right at the airport. It is an expensive hotel at the airport but it made the long trip just a little bit easier.

• Options

Concur with British. It's wise to fly in at least a day early. We went on the K&T tour July 2018 and flew in from Amsterdam on KLM. We arrived in Arusha on the same flight with probably half of our tour group. We slept in a bit the next day and then went on a wonderful visit to the Cultural Center and Coffee Plantation that our TD Seth mentioned on the drive from airport to the lodging. I'd recommend staying close to home that first day because this can be a very tiring but very exciting tour and you do want to be rested. The plantation was perfect in that it was a leisurely 2-3 hours visit just a short drive away. We watched the staff make coffee from the beans and serve it to us. In fact we bought a few pounds to take home and loved it. We contributed a few dollars so that they could plant trees on the plantation and even got a certificate stating that. Have fun. It is a trip of a lifetime !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file