Tauck Website Changes

edited February 2020 in General

Some of you may already have noticed, but unless you remember the old website, you may not fully appreciated the changes.

It seems that Tauck and/or its web developer have recently changed tour "Price & Availability" information and how it is displayed- made it more like the old way. (Yippee!!!!)

At least for the five tours I just checked, Jordan & Egypt, XMAS Markets/Rhine, Jewels of the Nile, Yellowstone in Winter, and Blue Danube, most of the information- all departure dates (for the entire season/year), availability, price, etc. are on one (sometimes two) pages/screens, at the "Date View" tab.

For cruises and land tours with a cruise segment(s), all departure dates (again for the entire year!), individual cabin category, availability, and prices are at the "Category View" tab. There may be separate pages for land/ship tours that use more than one boat (and possibly for regular and small group tours.)

p.s. In addition to the "Map View", have you noticed there is also a tab to see the itinerary in a "Full Itinerary View" (no more downloading required.) :)

2020 Jewels of the Nile "Date View:"

2020 Jewels of the Nile "Category View:"

Comments

• These changes are a big improvement - the "upgrade" to the website has been very difficult to navigate. I am still waiting for the "Reviews" section to be reinstated - I was told that would be available last July! Can't imagine why it is taking so long.

Also waiting for them to make the Tauck website trip itinerary more user friendly. Mine is stuck on a trip I did in December and it won't upload the two trips I am doing in June. Very frustrating.

• Agree. Much better.

• edited February 2020

smarks50
    4:13PM

. . . . .Also waiting for them to make the Tauck website trip itinerary more user friendly. Mine is stuck on a trip I did in December and it won't upload the two trips I am doing in June. Very frustrating.

I think you mean the Tauck App not the website? I assume you tried the usual- tap on the 3 bars in the upper left and select "My Trips" from the pull-down menu (you may need to do it twice); or swipe down in the middle of the screen (on the trip(s) listed) to active "refresh trips." If neither of those techniques work there was a thread about this topic not too long ago. I forget all the solution(s) but I believe one was to remove and re-install the app. I believe, each time you access a trip, the app downloads the data from the internet anew, so you'll need a cable, wifi or 3G data connection.

Currently, my last trip (May 2019) and my next two (5 Feb and March 22) are listed. My Dec 2020 and May 2021 trips are not listed, and frankly at this early date, I wouldn't expect them to be. You can always give Tauck IT a call.

• Alan S. I did mean the Tauck App - thanks much for the helpful information. I will give this a try.