Options

"Been There" Virtual Travel Quiz? Round #25

See Round #20 for info about and rules for the contest.

Round #19 was won by Kathy M and MCD
Submitted by BKMD. The courtyard of the Belmond Monasterio Hotel in Cusco, Peru. It was built by the Spanish in the late 1500s and is leased from the Vatican. For an extra fee you will be supplied with supplemental oxygen to help you handle the 11,000' + altitude. Several Tauck tours stay here while in Cusco.

Round #20 was won by Smiling Sam.
Posted by JohnS. This picture was taken atop the Astronomical Clock Tower. The Prague Astronomical Clock, or Prague Orloj, is a medieval astronomical clock located in Prague, the capital of the Czech Republic. The clock was first installed in 1410, making it the third-oldest astronomical clock in the world and the oldest clock still operating. The photo was taken on the Tauck's Imperial Europe tour which I believe now is called Warsaw, Budapest, Vienna & Prague.

Round #21 was won by BKMD (aqueduct) and JohnS (Mérida)
Posted by Smiling Sam. Ruins of the Roman aqueduct, Acueducto de los Milagros (English: Miraculous Aqueduct) bridge, part of the aqueduct built to supply water to the Roman colony of Emerita Augusta, today Mérida, Spain.

Round #22 was won by Smiling Sam
Posted by Kathy M. Beer stein lockers at the Hofbrauhaus, in Munich, Germany

Round #23 won by SueMS- she nailed it!!!
Submitted by AlanS. A photograph of a poster of the Book of Kells at the Trinity College library in Dublin, Ireland taken during the "Best of Ireland, Small Groups.** Read about the book of Kells at this link.

p.s. I had heard of this famous book before the tour, but never got around to do any research, so I wondered, "What the heck was a "Kell" and why was there an entire book about them." B)

Round #24 won by Smiling Sam (again!)
Submitted by SueMS. Dogs digging around the Provence, France, forest floor searching for truffles, that wonderfully pungent (and expensive!!) fungi. Sue captured the action on Savoring France River cruise along the Rhone.

Round #25 is officially open. Submit your photo in a reply [Leave a Comment] to this announcement.

Comments

• Options

On one of our trips, Tauck took us on a Foodie Tour. The picture below is one of the foods we sampled. Where were we? What is the name of the signature dish (pictured)? And what is the name of the food establishment and its significance?

• Options

This looks like it might be Australian Individual Potato-Meat Pie. I don't know the significance or food establishment so maybe someone else can guess that.

• Options

My one guess- Australian Traditional ‘Tiger’ meat pie with potatoes and smooshed peas. Eaten in Sydney, Australia at Harry’s Cafe de Wheels, named after Harry ‘Tiger’ Edwards.

• Options

Wow - that didn't take long! It got its start as “Harry’s” in the 1930’s when Harry Edwards opened the cafe near the navy yard and sold “pies and peas.” It closed while Harry served in World War II. Upon his return, he reopened his cafe and renamed it Harry’s Cafe de Wheels as the City Council required that mobile food caravans move at least 12 inches a day. Over the years, he served many celebrities several of whom are pictured on the food truck. He has now sold his business and there are several other locations in Australia.