"Been There" Virtual Travel Quiz? Round #75

It looks like things are working again. I hope! ;)

See Round #20 for info about and rules for the contest.

Round #63 won by BKMD
Submitted by Smiling Sam. A woman of one of the Karen tribes which reside in both Myanmar and Thailand. Picture was taken in Chiang May, Thailand on the Vietnam, Cambodia, and Thailand tour.

Round #64 won by AlanS
Submitted by Portolan. Katzenzungen Castle, home of the 350+ year old vine of Versoaln. Versoaln isn’t just Italy’s oldest vine, it is one of the oldest in the world – and the largest in Europe. Located in Tisens, South Tyrol, it is 350 years old, and its branches form a 300-square-meter pergola. It produces a white wine that goes by the same name as the vine, Versoaln.

Round #65 won by BKMD
Submitted by MCD. The Boboli Gardens of Pitti Palace - Florence Italy. The Abundance, 1608 - 1637, by Sebastiano Salvini - Giambologna - Pietro Tacca. White marble with wheat bouquet of bronze.

Round #66 won by AlanS
Submitted by BKMD. A photo taken during the Israel & Jordan tour a short distance from the Movenpick Resort in Jordan of the window of a small shop. The window display featured a female mannequin wearing a “Burkini,” a full body swimsuit which covers all but face, hands, and feet, and is designed to be worn by Islamic women.

Round #67 won by JohnS
Submitted by Sealord. Sagrada Familia, Barcelona, Spain

Round #68 won by BKMD
Submitted by JohnS. A high drop, “Squatty Potty” at Bhadrapur Airport (BDP) in Bhadrapur, Mechi, Nepal.

Round #69 won by Johns (and BKMD)
Submitted by Kathy M. Folding parking preventer. Zagreb, Croatia. This style is also known as a Wide Arm Fold Down Bollard.

Round #70 won by Smiling Sam
Submitted by BKMD. Isla del Sol, village of Yumani, Bolivia, the Inca Stairs. 12,552'- the stairs add 200 meters in elevation, at the top.

Round #71 won by connorlaker
Submitted by sidecar. It is Toledo, Spain. It is known for being the City of Three Cultures: Christian, Muslin, & Jewish. Also, the sister city of Toledo, Ohio (A few miles from where we live. "Holy Toledo"

Admin. Toledo has an incredible history of conquest. In your free time (is there anything else now? ) read the “short” Wikipedia history of this incredible city

Round #72 won by SueMS (w/a pre-opening PM from Sealord)
Submitted by DavidB from the UK. It is a red Jammer in Glacier National Park. The photo was before our run along the 'Going to the Sun Road’ to Lake Mcdonald lodge. The Red Buses of Glacier were made by the White Motor Company and are Model 706. That is a Dept. of Interior logo in the lower left of the license plate with buffalo in its center.

Round #73 won by Portolan
Submitted by connorlaker. Crawford Market, Mumbai, India. Relief scenes above the entrance arches are all are about gathering food. Photo was taken on Portrait of India trip.

Round #74 won by Kathy M
Submitted by BSP51. She is getting ready to “spin the bull” in Milan’s Vittorio Emanuele Galleria. The bull was shown with big genitals and thought to bring good luck. Men spun around three times with a heel and women touched them to improve fertility. Unfortunately, heels damaged that part of the bull and left a hole. However, the bull still attracts curious and superstitious people.

Round #75 is officially open. Submit your photo in a reply [Leave a Comment] to this announcement.

Comments

• What city is this and where is the picture taken from?

• edited April 2020

I think I know, but will abstain in this round. But, is that a Tauck branded (Scylla) river boat to the left of the bridge? :D

• It is indeed. That astute observation should make the round go very quickly.

• edited April 2020

My guess is Linz, Austria. From where? My guess is Pöstlingberg.

• edited April 2020

JohnS is correct.
    The Pöstlingberg (German pronunciation: is a 539 meters (1,768 ft) high hill on the left bank of the Danube in the city of Linz, Austria. It is a popular tourist destination, with a viewing platform over the city, and is the site of the Pöstlingberg pilgrimage church, and the Linz Grottenbahn.
    The Pöstlingberg is reached from the city centre by line 50 of the Linz tramway, running over the Pöstlingbergbahn mountain tramway.
    If you turn around from where the picture above was taken you see the picture below, the Pöstlingberg pilgrimage church.

These were taken on the Berlin, Danube, and Krakow river cruise tour.

• edited April 2020

View from the Aussichtsplattform in front of the Pöstlingbergkirche Wallfahrtsbasilika? Messing with Google 3D I was able to achieve almost the same low angle view. I'm glad we went on the excursion to Salzburg (our second time) during the Blue Danube, since Linz appears to be too much of a city city. :D In my initial searches I bypassed Linz because of that! I kept looking for the power plant (or steel factory?) on the left. I was also looking for the gold ball in the center of the photo as well- that turned out to be a gas(?) storage tank. The kickers were the hotels on either side of the bridge road and the bend in the (Danube) river.

Which cruise were you on?

• The tour was Berlin, Danube, and Krakow.

Linz, like 99% of all European cities, has a cathedral, shops with something local (in this case a dessert, a Linz Torte), interesting statues, and some oddities.