Options

A growing number of cruise lines are canceling sailings into 2021

Here is an article that I came across that I thought might be of interest.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/cruise-lines-cancel-into-2021/amp/

Comments

• Options
    edited August 2020

Smiling Sam: "Here is an article that I came across that I thought might be of interest."

Yes, the cruise lines are struggling to keep sailing, and the recent increase in new ships being added to their fleets has forced them to reposition their ships to meet today's passengers desired (or lack of) cruise destinations.

During the past two months American Cruise Lines (ACL) has been promoting specific 2020 US river cruises including the Columbia and Snake River.

However, my attempts to cruise in August & September were not successful.

My August 8th sailing on the American Song's 8 Day/7 Night Columbia & Snake Rivers cruise was cancelled in July.

Then my September 15th sailing on the American Song's 11 Day/10 Night Northwest Pioneers cruise was cancelled on Friday, August 7th just 4 days after I booked their recent promotion.

Both of these cruises included the Cruise with Comfort offer (100% Cash refund or 125% Voucher for future cruise ending by 12/31/2021).

I opted for the 100% cash refund and then made new bookings for future cruises as cruises booked with vouchers are not refundable and have an expiration date.

I am now booked on the June 28, 2022 sailing on American Pride's 11 DAY/10 Night Northwest Pioneers cruise from Portland, OR to Clarkston, WA.

My June 25, 2021 22 Day/21 Night Complete Mississippi cruise that I booked in September 2019 has changed ships 3 times.

Last weeks change was to a new ship with a different deck (5 vs 6) configuration (from American Jazz - Harmony - Melody) resulting in my single occupancy (SGB Private Balcony) cabin being upgraded to a double occupancy (AAM Private Balcony) stateroom.

• Options

Derek - you should take up motorcycle riding and cruise to S. Dakota.