Options

Bridges tours book and movie suggestions

We're taking two 17-year-olds on the Paris-Lyon trip plus a Basel-AMS one. I am having a hard time thinking of books/movies for them. So far, I have "The Zookeeper's Wife" and "Schindler's List" movies and "Diary of a Young Girl" book, but those are all related to Amsterdam or WWII. Any ideas?

Comments

• Options

Rick Steves website and guide books has recommendations for books and movies. Sometimes there will be a separate list for kids.

If the link below doesn't work or you don't trust it, Google "Rick steves recommended books movies". Steves has no apostrophe.

https://www.ricksteves.com/eurooe/books-movies

• Options

Thanks for the idea! I'll try to get the kids (in another state) to look into it as well.

• Options

There are also lots of vlog travel sites on YouTube with 20/30 year olds who travel and post videos. Some that I've enjoyed are:

The Endless Adventure - an American couple who gave up their careers and started traveling and vlogging full time. Before covid they had covered quite a few areas. For the past year they've mostly rehab'd an RV and done some US traveling.
    Psychotraveller - a british lady who has traveled on her own and with a friend - sadly she also wrote a book about a bad incident that happened to her in Australian that might be a bit much for a teen.
    Samual & Audrey - I believe are a canadian couple - they seem to have kept traveling through covid.

Of course the danger of encouraging them to watch these might be inspiring them to make this a full time career as well. Of note, that's kind of how Rick Steves got into the travel business. His parents took him to europe on a business trip and he started noticing all the backpacking teenagers there. His son has started his own travel business https://andysteves.com/

• Options

Interesting idea. I'll give the kids a hint and see if they are interested enough to follow through. Thanks.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file