Options

What sites are included in Best of Ireland Dublin city tour day?

Trying to find out what we will see with Tauck so we don't repeat or miss anything, since we are in Dublin two days before tour. Do we go to Trinity College, museums, cathedrals, Guinness?

Comments

• Options

In 2018 Tauck took us to Trinity College (the Book of Kells, the Long Library), Dublin Castle, and St. Stephen's Green on day 2 leaving the afternoon on our own.

• Options

Many thanks Wayside!

• Options

You can take photos in the library, but not of the Book of Kells which is in a special room/enclosure.

(I photographed a poster in the gift shop :) )

• Options

Very interested in this post as we are doing the small group tour that leaves on May 7, 2023. Have been to see the Book of Kells before (and we have heard this is no longer on tour) Will we get any info from Tauck on the trip and itinerary before leaving, once final payment is due?

• Options

You may get a little more when your final documents are emailed to you. Generally after your final payment. The email will have a link to click on and get a pdf file to save and print as needed. However, it may still be a bit vague. It's still early in the season so it's possible none of the 2023 tour groups have been and returned who could answer you in detail. If it matters you may need to call Tauck.

We did this tour back in 2018 and in addition to a general drive around Dublin and the Book of Kells, we also got a guided tour of Dublin castle. If you go there, I'd recommend also seeing the Chester-Beatty library which is free and has an extensive collection of religious artifacts from around the world.

Enjoy, it's a wonderful tour.

• Options

I went in September of 22 and the Book of Kells was not included. We did the City drive around and we toured St. Patrick's Cathedral, and Dublin Castle. Those are the only things I remember and have pictures of that we did with Tauck. I did some wandering on my own but I was very limited on time since I arrived in Dublin the day the tour started and it's a short stay in Dublin to begin with.

• Options

If you like Irish history, and have free time, go to the GPO and Kilmainham Gaol.

• Options
    edited February 2023

Please see the Dublin section of my review from last year in the Best of Ireland - Small Groups forum. Assuming the Tauck tour is the same on the Week in Ireland itinerary, voikk32 is right, the only stops on the bus tour are Dublin Castle and St. Patrick's Cathedral (surprisingly, the Cathedral is governed by the Church of Ireland i.e. Anglican). The rest of the tour is drive by. The Trinity College Old Library is undergoing a multiyear refurbishment and may be fully or partially closed. For now, it appears to be open. The Book of Kells will still be available.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file