Cruising the Seine; Plus Paris and London

My wife and I took this tour in mid-September. I just wanted to say that we had a WONDERFUL TIME! Tauck thought of everything; no detail was too small; they missed NOTHING. Our Tauck tour guides, Patricia and Darcy, were two of the nicest people I have ever met; their professionalism and friendliness were just awesome. The land and cruise segments of the tour were equally wonderful. The Seine and Normandy excursions were perfect, and the local guides were all knowledgeable and interesting.

We and our fellow travellers were all so happy to be travelling again; everyone was so nice. The ship accommodations were just great. All in all, this tour, although not cheap, gave us great value. We are planning our next Tauck trip next September!

Comments

• Great summary, dwannand.

• So glad to hear. My wife and I were sch. for June of this year which was cancelled. We rebooked for June of next year. Really looking forward to the trip. Any other comments about the trip greatly appreciated.

• dwannand - I was booked for that cruise in 2020, then it was re-booked for 2021 and now for 2022, I'm glad to hear you had such a great time, I'm really looking forward to it.

• If you can, please comment on how you liked Churchill's War Rooms and Normandy. There aren't many WWII veterans left who are still mobile and cognitively aware enough to travel and my husband desperately wishes to take this tour.

Can you also comment on the cuisine? Our last tour was Savoring France in 2019 and the food was scrumptious!

Thank you!

• Thanks so much for posting. We are scheduled on this trip in May 2022 having cancelled once before because of COVID. Any comments on your trip are greatly appreciated.

• edited October 2021

Kfnknfzk, I have been to the Churchill War Rooms and it was fantastic. Of course it is all along underground corridors, but at the end is a large room with all modern interactive displays the you can spend as much time as you want in there. There is also a wonderful book shop. I took photos of the books I was interested in so I could buy them in the future if I wanted. I was on a solo trip to England that time.
    You come out of the museum at a back entrance and enter a park, St. James I think. If you walk away from the building in the park, about half way down on your right, there is an exit and across the street is where Charles and Camilla live, Clarence house, the Queen Mum used to live there. It is open in August. I got lucky and got the last couple of spots on a tour with my friend. It was lovely. Of course with Covid, it may no longer be open

• British,

Thanks so much for the information. I showed your post to my husband and now he definitely wants to go!

• Is the bookstore accessible without having to do the tour? I know my husband will probably want to spend hours there, and I thought we would go on our own during our pre-tour stay. We, of course, would still do the private tour with Tauck.

Regardless, I booked a 2023 slot this morning. There was no wait time at all!

• Going to give you two links, the first is to the online book store for the museum

https://shop.iwm.org.uk/c/1703/Churchill-War-Rooms

The second one is the excellent website for the museum

https://www.iwm.org.uk/visits/churchill-war-rooms

Enjoy!

• Thank you!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file