Options

Black Sea to Budapest May 18 2021

2»

Comments

• Options

Yes -- please post here while you're on your trip.

• Options

Definitely post a review on the forum (new thread please) or post during your cruise if you can. I couldn't post from Europe last year from either my phone or tablet. I assume because it was coming from a foreign wifi/cell service.

• Options

Yes, you can post directly to the forum, but why not just savor your experience--and the wine--and then post a review after your trip. Besides, reception on the riverboats is not always ideal. No, there is no "live from...").

• Options
    edited February 2022

Thomas, I know by definition this Forum loves tours (I meet Tauckers all the time who spend their GOT with a tour guide, even while jet lagged), but since you already have some group sightseeing in Bucharest, I'd suggest a bit of wandering; you could take a tour member with you. Free time is always a precious part of my tours. And don't worry about any perceived language barriers; it's all part of the experience.

• Options

Yes, that sounds like a plan. I think it would probably be fun to just wander a bit. I guess it will all depend on the situation in Bucharest when ( and if) we go. Depends on the political situation there I imagine. Pretty awful for the people….

• Options

It's been a while since I've participated to ask a question for this tour coming up in May. Has anyone been to either Transylvania and Bran Castle (up to a 10-14 hour excursion) or the Sinaia and Peles Castle (10+ hour excursion) and which one would you pick? Both are a very very very long ride on the coach (up to 3 hours each way). I'm not a big fan of Dracula but I just want to know what the difference is between both castles. Sometimes on these excursions, a castle becomes just a castle and I get into sensory overload with all the history. Your thoughts are much appreciated. Thank you.

• Options

Hi Thomas. Haven't been on the chat line for a bit and just saw your entries. Right now we are signed up for Bran as it is better known but now hearing that we could change we will keep an open mind. We have found the buses that Tauck uses to be very comfortable and they usually do a rest stop along the way. We have also used Viator in many different cities and have been very pleased with our experiences with them. We do like wine and if by chance the wine they are suggesting for dinner is not to our liking they will serve something else.

• Options

Wow...those 2 excursions sound much longer than usual. Gotta wonder how early in a.m. they leave! Wouldn't be surprised if some bow out and just stay in Bucharest. Castles don't excite everyone, but the scenery should make the trip worth it. And Tauck may add a surprise stop, you never know.

• Options

Looking like maybe Tauck will have to change the itinerary IMHO, But I’m a Tauck novice so who knows? Anyone on this tour (or not) with opinions.?Like the beginning of the pandemic, I guess we all could not grasp what was happening. Maybe this horrific war will go on for months or years😟 what a sin.

• Options

I'm on this tour at the end of June with my sister, her husband, and one other single. We have extra days at both ends of the tour. In Romania we are planning to go to Transylvania and Bran with Tauck, and Sinaia and Peles Castle on our own on one of our early extra days. Has anyone been on this tour already and done Sinaia and Peles on their own? Wondering how far in advance you reserved transportation and who you used for transport?

• Options

Hi L Murray. I see your comment and I just posted on another page.I think there are a few threads for the same route. I’m on the Black Sea to Budapest 20 May. I have requested the Peles tour so I’ll let y’all know how it is. I’ve been to Budapest and it is fantastic. Extra days will be easily filled I’m sure. Enjoy.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file