Options

Eiffel Tower Visit?

Hello,

We are on the 7/7/22 Castles and Kings trip with our 8 and 11 y/o. My son has been dreaming of visiting the Eiffel Tower for the past two years. I see there’s a “visit” to the tower on the itinerary; can anyone tell me if we actually go up the tower, and if not, when would be a good time in the free parts of the schedule to do that on our own? TIA!

Comments

• Options

I’ve just been watching the Tauck live zoom on Bridges tours and saw the TD who will be running the tour. She said your go to the tower and have lunch there on the second floor. The broadcast was videotaped and will be available on the Taucker Tauck blog page tomorrow afternoon. It will be very helpful for you to watch!

• Options

Thank you so much! I will check it out.

• Options

You can also google Eiffel Tower tours which is what we did and there are private tours without having to have a pricey lunch. I remember the tour took us quite high to the summit. https://www.fattiretours.com/paris/tours/small-group-eiffel-tower-tour.

• Options

Just to clarify, The tour takes you for lunch on Tauck

• Options

Time may or may not permit this, but if you are taken to the 2nd stage by Tauck, you can purchase an additional ticket to the top from there for a small charge. Probably need at least 30 minutes for the elevator ride each way and 10 minutes or so at the top. Well worth it if you have the time.

• Options

Wanderlust, we are on the same tour with our 11 year old granddaughter. Thanks Portolan for that suggestion, sounds perfect!

• Options

I can’t imagine going to the Eiffel Tower and not going to the top. My wife fears heights but she went. It is a little like flagpole sitting. Many people are not aware that there is also a museum in the top of the Arch de Triumph.

• Options

The wait times are different depending on what level of the Eiffel Tower you visit.

• Options

I agree with Sealord. If you're that far up on the Eiffel Tower, you really need to go to the top, just to do it. if you don't, you'll regret it later. I went many, many years ago when I was a young man. There were two elevators to get to the top. You went up to some level (above two), and then got off that elevator and got on another one that took you all the way to the top. There was a small museum at the top, showing something about Eiffel, if I recall correctly.

I also visited that museum in the Arch de Triumph. I didn't know about the tunnels under the road around the Arch and ran across the road through traffic. But I was young then.

Paris is just a wonderful city. Go to Sainte-Chapelle. Most people miss that church but it's worth the visit.

• Options
    MPSMPS
    edited June 2022

Wanderlust and MPS, we are on the same tour with our 11 year old granddaughter. We look forward to meeting you and going to the top of the tower😊

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file