Options

Morroco

We are scheduled for the March 16 tour. Don’t see much discussion on boards .
Would appreciate some comments on what to do, in free time. Would like to shop
In Fez and Marakesh

Comments

• Options
    milmil
    edited February 2022

bella c Hi.
    I did this tour back 2018- great tour.
    about shopping, you will only have a chance to do some in Marrakesh, no chance in Fez. Also, in Fez the group will be divided in 2 small ones- easier to handle and we had a bodyguard with us too (lucky me.. he was very good looking and because I take lots of pictures.. and sometimes I stay a little behind from the group .. he became my own personal bodyguard. :) as I founded out, after seeing everyone waving at him.. it turns out he is a famous boxer from Fez. and owns a boxing school (later on.. talking to him, I also find out , he has worked for (The Gates) during their visits to Morocco .

• The Fez medina is safe, but complicated to navigate.. it's a maze and it's easy to get lost.
      In Marrakesh you will be given some free time one day in the afternoon- we had the local guide stay with us and walked us around , plus he make sure we were safe, then he put us- (6 girls) in a taxi and back to the hotel $20.00 total it was a Van.
      A good place to explore it's Rabat - the La Tour Hassan Hotel is centrally located- I did hire a tour guide for a day... I visited

• Kasbah des Oudayas , the wall city- with Blue houses.

• Andalusian Gardens
    • Chellah, great place.
    • Mohammed VI Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art- great collections
    • Medina. (crowded and fun) with Covid , I would not spend to much time and do wear 2 mask!

Another tips I can suggest is the trip to Essaouira, it's a lovely sea-coast town , and a great break. People worry about the drive, but truly it doesn't feel more then 2.and you do make 2 stops- one at the Argan shop and also another one to see the goats on the tree...
    I did the cooking class on the post day.. I stayed 2 xtra days after the tour ended.

If anyone need the name and phone # of a reliable, great guide I have all the info. He used to be a tour director for A&K.
    Excellent, friendly and well connected.- not too expensive either.
    Have a lovely weekend.
    :smile: