Options

fun activities and a good lunch

Hi, We land about 10:00 and will get our luggage to the Hotel Captain Cook but check in isn't probably until about 3:00. Does anyone have any suggestion as to activities to do and restaurants to eat lunch at that would good to waiting for check in? No fishing or parasailing. take care, Jim Motroni

Comments

• Options

You might send an email to the hotel to ask about early check-in. We’ve been successful doing that a few time. Sometimes all they need to do is adjust their room cleaning schedule. I can’t help with what to do or where to eat.

• Options

We had a very nice lunch at the Glacier Brewhouse. It is very causal and within walking distance of the Captain Cook. If you are arriving a day early and are looking for a restaurant for a nice dinner, the Marx Brothers Cafe is wonderful. It is also within walking distance of the hotel. It is in an old house - you wouldn't imagine it was such a nice restaurant. It was featured on a TV show before our first trip to Alaska. They prepare a great Caesar salad tableside. I think they are only open for dinners and reservations would be advisable. We didn't book any day tours - we just explored the area, sightseeing and souvenir shopping. If you like seafood, we went to 10th & M Seafoods and had some salmon and halibut shipped to our home. We told them when we would be back and they delayed shipping so we would be home to receive the package. It's also within walking distance of the hotel. Our last trip was in 2012 so I checked to make sure these places still existed and all have websites so you can check them out. We loved Alaska - the beauty was incredible. Have a great trip!

• Options
    edited April 2022

cvc - Great post. Thanks. We hope to do Tauck's small ship cruise in 2024, so your comments were quite helpful.

BKMD - Great photos...so serene.

• Options

BKMD - Gorgeous photos, calendar-worthy!

• Options

Thank you all for the information. This journey should be a grand one.
    take care, Jim

• Options

Ditto the Glacier Brewhouse.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file