Options

Spirit of the Desert: National Parks of the Southwest- newbie to Tauck Tours

Looking forward to our first Tauck Tours experience. Starts 3 days from now.
I always over pack! Any "I should of packed" or " why did I bring that with me?" items or clothing?

Comments

• Options

It will be chilly in the mornings, have clothes you can layer

• Options

Sun hat, sunscreen, refillable water bottle, comfortable walking shoes with good traction, and as British said be able to layer clothing. We typically have 25-30 temperature swings from night to day out here.

• Options

If you are getting up for sunrise in Bryce, make sure you have hats and gloves as well as many layers. A fleece with something over it would be useful. We were there around this time three years ago. Many people were not prepared for the coolness at sunrise.

• Options

The Albuquerque International Balloon fiesta is held the first week of Oct. Every year visitors here are amazed how cold it is in the early morning and night. Enterprising vendors clean up selling hats, gloves, etc.

• Options

Dean_Alban,

You might consider having a small first aid kit with bandages and antibiotic cream for minor scrapes and cuts. A small container of calamine lotion works wonders on rashes, especially heat rash. Have fun on your tour!

• Options

Backpack, sunscreen, hats, warm socks, gloves, fleece for when it’s cold, good shoes with traction (not necessarily hiking shoes), sandals, shorts for when it’s warm or hot. In other words layers as mentioned. There isn’t any dressing up whatsoever at all but you may choose to step it at the hotel in Las Vegas if it is at the Four Seasons for the farewell dinner. This is a wonderful trip which we participated in last year.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file