Incredible Bridges Trip on the MS Savor!
Hello, All! My family and I just returned from the first Danube Bridges tour in almost three years and it was, in a word, AMAZING! We didn't know this would be the first sailing, and the crew kept talking about how excited they were to have kids on board again. I am happy to answer any questions folks have, but for some general impressions:
1) WAY more kid friendly than even what we anticipated! Everyone from the tour directors to the restaurant and bar staff were incredible. Even the captain got involved in water play on the sun deck The ages ranged from 6-16, with about 20 kids total. We all talked about how wonderful the older children were, always working to include the younger ones.
2) The boat had a capacity of about 120 passengers, but there were only 75 of us. Groups larger than 4 had tables reserved for them in the restaurant, but those of us with four or less could sit anywhere else. Towards the end, many of the children started opting to sit together.
3) Arthurs had snacks and continental breakfast only, but was always available for gathering/hanging out. Many of the older children started using it to play cards/games later at night.
4) I didn't check a bag--just a roll-aboard and a backpack--and I still overpacked. Only a few people "dressed" for dinner, the rest of us stayed in shorts or jeans.
5) For the palace dinner night, only a couple men actually wore jackets. Most of the women were in sundresses or capri pants. Keep in mind the palace does not have A/C, and it's currently around the high 80s F in Vienna.
6) If you want to go on the bike rides but are unsure, go for it! I hadn't been on a bike since 2008, and it was a blast!
Again, feel free to ask me any other specifics, but this was by far the best trip of our lives!!!!