Options

Turbulence on water

Considering the Iceland small ship cruise. Are the waters very rough causing seasickness.

Comments

• Options

On my Iceland tour last July the waters were no issue. The previous tour had some issues because we were told the seas were rough enough to keep the tender boats taking them ashore.

There’s no predicting the weather, but I think the odds would be pretty low that the seas would be bad enough to cause seasickness.

In my opinion it’s worth the risk.

• Options

We took this trip in 2017. We did not have any issues with seasickness, but that can be dependent on the individual and also the weather. When we went to Grimsley Island, the captain had us return earlier than originally planned because the seas were getting a little rough - I think this was due more to the time we would be on tenders returning to the ship. We also had some rough waters as we sailed through an archipelago to Heimaey Island. I don't remember much discussion about seasickness among the passengers. It's a great trip and one I would highly recommend.

• Options

On the first night of our Iceland cruise, the sea was so rough that I was literally leaving the mattress and bumping back down on it because it was so bad. I was not seasick. The captain mentioned how rough it was the next day and it was fine for the rest of the tour.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file