Water level on the Seine

We are scheduled for Rendezvous on the Seine River cruise at the end of the month. How can I locate information on the current water levels?

Comments

• What the levels are now is not relevant. Tauck knows how to handle this, it happens quite a lot over the years. If you are really worried and have the Tauck insurances you cancel but they will hold on to the insurances for a future trip. Best to book river cruises earlier in the year as there is less chance of this happening

• edited August 2022

Lsmiller
    3:42PM in Rendezvous on the Seine
    We are scheduled for Rendezvous on the Seine River cruise at the end of the month. How can I locate information on the current water levels?

Seems like most of the blogs cover the Rhine and Danube, but not the Seine. Some of the cruise lines provide that info, you just need to see who cruises the Seine.

• Lsmiller,

As British indicated, Tauck monitors river conditions and is very transparent in keeping their customers apprised of conditions if adverse situations develop. If an unforeseen event occurs while on tour, they have contingency plans in place. Enjoy your tour!

• In LsMiller's case, I think it is all about managing expectations. I know if I were a month away, I would want to know. I'm sure they realize that water levels could change between now and then, however, everything I have read so far, makes that doubtful, at least in the short term, for the Rhine. Many of the technical sites will even include weather patterns and forecasts of rain, and how much is required to raise the water level just a cm or two or for certain classes of boats- there is quite a difference. Some folks are not interested in swapping boats, some don't want to bus around, either.

Also, some folks may have competing demands on their lives, and if it looks like there is even just the slightest chance a cruise could be cancelled, they might want to go to plan B sooner than later, or preemptively cancel an extra activity they had planned. Others will hang in there and wait for Tauck to decide. We have seen both types here on the forum during COVID. Everyone has their own threshold of anxiety. Again, to each his own, regardless of what Tauck does or does not do. Just like planning- some folks do extensive research and plan in detail, while others want to be surprised do nothing, sometimes barely reading the Green Book! :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file