Options

South Africa: An Elegant Adventure Itinerary Question

Below is the Itinerary wording for the final day of the tour.

Tour ends: O.R. Tambo International Airport. Enjoy a final morning at leisure in Victoria Falls before your flight to Johannesburg at the conclusion of your South Africa tour. You should allow a minimum of three hours from the time of arrival in Johannesburg for check-in for your flight home.

Question: What time does the included flight from Victoria Falls to Johannesburg arrive in Johannesburg?

Per the itinerary you shouldn't schedule a flight home for three from the time you arrive in Johannesburg.

Comments

• Options

I can't help with the flight arrival time, but might help with availability of flights and connection times if you spend the night at JNB and fly out the next morning.

There is a nice Intercontinental Hotel 100 yds or less from O. R. Tambo entrance in JNB. We stayed there on the way to Livingstone for the start of the B,SA,Z tour. It worked out perfectly. The room we got did not come with breakfast but we ate in the Business Lounge.

JNB can be a little confusing and there are a number of aggressive "helpers" willing to take you where you need to check in. My wife inadvertently accepted an offer of help (these guys look official), but he got us to check-in quickly so the small tip was worth it.

• Options

Sam- If you've already booked, the information you seek should be on your confirmation sheet. When we went in 2019, it said, "Journey Ends: Tuesday May 14, 2019 Johannesburg Airport at 3:30 PM. Flights should depart after 6:30 PM". If you haven't booked, I sure Tauck with have this information available when you book.

• Options

We returned just today from this very trip. We arrived at Tambo at about 2:15-2:30 and we’re through passport control and customs before 3 pm.

• Options

Your TD will be with you upon arrival at Tambo and will guide you to a Tauck representative who has porters waiting to take you and your bags right to your next check in gate. It’s seamless and painless as were all the flights within the tour.

• Options

Mike, Ken - Thanks for answering my question. Arrive Johannesburg mid-afternoon, meaning departure flights from Johannesburg should be arranged no sooner than 6:00 - 6:30pm.

I haven't booked this tour yet. I am just doing recon at this time and was curious when I do flight recon, what parameters I can use for the flight.

Of course, if/when I do book this tour, I will have to verify with Tauck what the arrival time in Johannesburg is for the tour date that I select. Your answers allows me to do my long range flight recon.

Thanks again.