Options

The Byrds: appropriate shoes for touring in the rain

We are going on the March 6 tour and need to know what shoes for touring are needed. We usually wear trail shoes that have thick soles. If they get wet they will not dry over night. Do we need to bring 2 pairs of shoes incase one pair gets wet?? Thanks

Comments

• Options

Rather than take two pairs of shoes, I would recommend getting some waterproof casual shoes. My wife and I wear shoes from On Running (picture below). They are rather expensive, so we save them for touring. Columbia, Keen, Bogs and others make waterproof shoes.

• Options

Hairdryers are good for drying wet shoes.

• Options

I don't know if my other response went through...We are on same tour..I take 2 pairs sneakers in case one gets wet

• Options

I don't know if I am allowed to put email on here...But I am part of Tauck on facebook

• Options

I don't know if I am allowed to put email on here...But I am part of Tauck on facebook

You are allowed, but it's probably not wise, as your email address can be culled by spammer bots.
    In case you're not aware, you can private message another forum member. Click on the envelope icon in the upper right to get started.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file